|Date posted||Oct 4, 2017|
For many brands, making phone and tablet cases is an afterthought. But for us, it's the main attraction. It's what we have been doing for the last 10 years.
Each and every one of our products is the result of this passion for protection.You will notice the difference every time you pick up your phone or tablet. Our in-house design, engineering and R&D teams use the latest science, our own cutting-edge manufacturing facilities and unique materials to make this happen.
As one of Britain's fastest-growing tech companies, we strongly believe that things can always improve and get better. That's why we always look beyond the conventional to discover new ways to do things better, creating products that nobody else could.
With headquarters on Eel Pie Island, London, England, we are a young British business but we are growing really fast and we have big plans. Our goal is to be the number one impact protection brand, globally. And we are succeeding - we are the number one case brand in the U.K. We are the fastest growing case manufacturer in North America. More and more customers are entrusting us with their personal technology. More and more partners are referring to us as 'preferred'.
Manage the Product Categories as part of the Supply and Demand Planning Team, Create and Review Supply Plans for External Vendors/Factories, working closely with the wider Operations Team to review forecasts, inventory availability, and supplier requirements.
Key areas of responsibility
- Create/Manage Supply Plans for 3rd Party Vendors / Factories on a cyclic basis
- Working to Lead Times and Defined Supply Principles to ensure continuous Supply Coverage for defined category/vendor horizons
- Work with Demand Planning to ensure monthly forecasts are produced in a timely manner and challenge back on inaccuracies (ensuring there is a healthy tension between the teams)
- Work with Factories to understand/challenge capacity constraints / impact on Supply, re-aligning the plan, and communicating changes to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in S&OP Meetings / Relevant Alignment Meetings and Input from a Supply Planning perspective on any imbalances in Supply and Demand
- Actively be involved in the Creation / Improvement of Supply Planning Tools (Excel initially, with scope to bring in a system)
- Publish longer term Production Forecasts with Vendors for Longer Term Planning
- Monitor Customer Orders, Stock Status, Production and sell through to ensure stock availability is proactively monitored and highlighted
- Create/Produce Reporting for the Supply Planning Team / to Support the wider Business
- Pro-actively seek ways to improve data/information flows in/out of the Supply Planning Function
- Participate in cyclic Reviews on setting Supply Principles / Ways of working
- Identify, negotiate and escalate where necessary, any relevant demand/supply imbalances working with Product Management, Sales, Sales Ops, and the relevant Demand Planner
Essential skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a strict rhythm
- Demonstrated Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and operations
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of S&OP process and importance to SCM
- Ability to lead by example and influence key stakeholders.
- Experience of working directly with Asia manufacturing companies
- Desired Mandarin speaking, not essential
- Preferred - Tertiary Institution or APICs qualified in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Experience within supply planning – preferably within the telecommunications industry
Relevant experience in specified markets [AMR/APAC/EMEA]