London, UK – October 2017
Tech21 has been protecting iPhones drop after drop since the very first model was launched 10 years ago. This year is no different as tech21 has launched its new range of cases and screen shields for the much-anticipated iPhone X, which goes on general sale this Friday (3 November).
As the iPhone has evolved over the past decade, so have tech21’s cases dedicated to protecting the coveted devices. From pioneering the use of scientifically proven impact absorbing materials in the original iBand case was created for the first iPhone back in 2007, to the introduction of the cutting edge FlexShock™ material in 2014, through to the extensive range of case and screen protectors now available for the sought-after iPhone X, tech21 has continued to lead the way in innovation, design and protection.
With each new device launch comes new case requirements and extensive testing to guarantee a perfect fit, no loss in signal quality and no interference to Wi-Fi, mobile networks, Bluetooth syncing or features such as Apple Pay and wireless charging. Boasting a glass back as well as screen, the iPhone X requires more protection than ever before, so each innovative design is subjected to rigorous drop testing (in partnership with the National Physical Laboratory*). This ensures durability and long-lasting protection so that users can drop more and care less.
“iPhone has always been close to our hearts at tech21, as our iBand case was the original product we manufactured for the first iPhone and that’s where it all began. Since then we have sold over 30 million iPhone cases worldwide and we have grown to be the No.1 Case Brand for Apple Handsets in the UK.” said Colin Woodward, Chief Marketing Officer of tech21. “Each new iPhone offers new exciting features and advancements in technology, so we continuously push the boundaries of innovation to ensure our case ranges offer the best impact protection without compromising the performance of the phone. This enables users to enjoy their new iPhone without fear of dropping it.”
The new range of cases and screen shields for Apple iPhone X includes:
Cases that match your lifestyle
- Pure Clear – More Than Skin Deep. With Pure Clear, users can show off iPhone X while still keeping it protected. Thanks to new materials, including BulletShield™, Pure Clear is the most transparent tech21 case ever made, is significantly thinner and lighter than the market leader yet still provides up to 6.6 feet of drop protection. Available at tech21.com List Retailers and MSRP
- Evo Check Evoke Edition –Protection with an Evocative Twist. With a bold floral design, there’s more to the Evoke Edition than meets the eye. Sitting beneath the seductive surface is an effective three-layer protection system which spreads out and absorbs impact energy, offering 10 feet of drop protection. Available in Pink/Red and Clear/Blue at tech21.com, List Retailers and MSRP
- Evo Wallet – Access Everything. Comfortably. With two concealed card slots in its folio cover to keep cards secure and easily accessible, the Evo Wallet is designed for those with busy lifestyles. With FlexShock™, the case also provides up to 10 feet of drop protection so users can keep their phone protected drop after drop. Available in black & pink at tech21.com, in selected colours at List Retailers and MSRP
- Evo Check – Subtle Design Detail. Sitting beneath its unique check pattern design is an effective three-layer protection system that includes FlexShock™, an impact material unique to tech21 that provides up to 10 feet of drop protection. Available in Smokey/Black, Clear/White, and Rose Tint/White at tech21.com and in selected colours at List Retailers and MSRP
- Evo Tactical – Raw, Tactile Feel. Inspired by the raw beauty of minerals, the Evo Tactical case combines durable materials with refined, contrasting textures, giving users a tactile experience every time they pick up their phone. While this makes it easier to grip, tech21 technology ensures that even if dropped iPhone X will be protected, drop after drop. Available in Black at tech21.com, List Retailers and MSRP
- Evo Wave – Advance Protection. Natural Design. There’s more to the Evo Wave case than meets the eye. Sitting beneath the surface is an effective three-layer protection system containing FlexShock, an impact material unique to tech21. This spreads out and absorbs impact energy, stopping it from passing through into your phone. Insert Retailers MSRP
Market leading screen protection
- Impact Shield with Self Heal – Advance Protection. Enduring Clarity. Designed with a reflowing polymer surface layer that smooths over day-to-day scratches and featuring BulletShield™ to absorb impact force, Impact Shield Self Heal leaves your screen smooth, crystal clear and highly protected. Available for iPhone X at com and various retailers (02, Three and John Lewis Carphone Warehouse and Very.co.uk) at MSRP £19.95.
- Evo Glass – Smooth and Precise. Thanks to premium tempered glass and precision polishing and etching techniques, Evo Glass adds unrivaled protection to screens, protecting them from anything life throws. And at only 4mm thick, users will soon forget that it’s there. Available for iPhone X at com, Three, 02, Carphone Warehouse and Very.co.uk at MRSP £34.95.
* As the national measurement standards laboratory for the UK – and globally recognised as the leader in its field – the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) is at the forefront of testing methodology. Working in partnership with NPL, tech21 has built cutting edge equipment, a unique testing methodology and formed a team of highly skilled scientists to deliver a more advanced testing proposition in a new R&D facility.