LG has just announced that the new LG G4 will go on sale tomorrow in Korea, and then be rolled out globally. The UK will see the G4 on sale at the end of May 2015.
The G4 will cost £500 for the metal version, and for the leather edition, £525.
The leather rear cover comes in a collection of different colours, with three ceramic models too.
Unlike the S6, LG has kept the leather cover removable to allow for easy access to the battery and microSD slot.
LG G4 boasts a 5.5in screen display with Quad HD resolution., thinner than the G3’s screen, and with improvements on brightness, colour and energy sufficiency.
It’s the first gadget that we’ve seen yet with the Snapdragon 808 processor, acompnaied by 3GB of RAM. There are also improvements on camera resolution jumping up from 13 megapixels to 16.
The G4 comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop latest version, and although has a similar interface to G3, does have a couple of new features such as Quick Shot which allows you to take a photo with the display off, and Event Pocket which provides advanced options for creating your own personalized interactive calendar, pulling events from Social Media sites and other calendars.
Here is a full round-up of the LG G4 tech specs:
- Processor used: Snapdragon 808
- 5.5inch screen display with Quad HD resolution
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Available in the following ceramic colours: Shiny Gold, Ceramic White and Metallic Gray
- Available in the following genuine leather covers: Yellow, Black, Red, Sky Blue, Brown, Beige
- Memory: 32GB available with 3GB RAM
- 3000mAh removable battery which can be accessed via the removable outer layer
- Size: 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 - 9.8 mm
- 155g in weight
- 4G Network
- Wi-Fi and Blue Tooth Connectivity