According to NordVPN, the iPhone 7 device is now the most tantalizing target for all hackers. With all of the hype and attention around the launch of the new phone, it’s absolutely vital we all take the necessary precautions to make sure our private information is secure.
Here are 5 iOS apps that will help protect iPhone 7 users:
- Tor Messenger- is a heavily encrypted browser; Tor Messenger is a cross-platform chat app that works like most others. It aims to be secure by default and sends all of its traffic over Tor. It supports a wide variety of transport networks, including Jabber (XMPP), IRC, Google Talk, Facebook Chat, Twitter, Yahoo, and others; enables Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging automatically; and has an easy-to-use graphical user interface localized into multiple languages. This app ensures your messages are kept private from hackers.
- 1Password- changing up your passwords on a regular basis is a great way to protect against hackers, but it becomes complicated to remember your various codes. Product 1 allows teams and families to share passwords, credit card numbers, and other sensitive information. The app remembers all password and information for you, keeps the information safe and secure, and signs into their favourite sites with one click. It is 100% secure with the data being encrypted before any information leaves a device.
- ZeroEmail- a number of EU countries may be at a point where reporting of cybercrime now outnumbers that of more traditional crimes, so it is fair to assume email accounts are under attack all over the place.
Everyone needs an email security app that will encrypt all emails. Zero Email is an email app that works for Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and Outlook to organize and secure your inbox. Its unique prioritization algorithm sorts emails by importance, showing most important messages first. Zero doesn’t store messages and personal information on remote servers, instead they remain on your phone or with your email provider.
- Keeply- staying away from the cloud is commonly advised for online security reasons which is why Keeply is a top choice for this purpose. This app stores financial information, images, communications and other data securely on the phone rather than the cloud.
One desirable feature that Keeply uses is the ability to take a picture of anyone who tries to access the phone with the wrong pin, that way you are able to detect if a hacker has attempted to review private information on your server.
- LockItUp- if you are an iOS user that also operates Macs, iPads, or Apple Watches, you may want to combine your security across these platforms. LockItUp app allows users to simply lock a PC or Mac from anywhere by using their iPhone.
Now that you have the lowdown on internal security and protection for the iPhone 7, make sure the physical handset is completely secured and protected with a tech21 case. See our toughest cases for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus.