New research reveals one in five new phones will be damaged before Easter 2017.
Sydney, Australia – 19 September, 2016 – New research by tech21, the leader in impact protection for mobile devices, has revealed who not to trust with your new mobile phone purchase and some of the key reasons why. Unsurprisingly the first person not to trust is your own self, with over one in five Australians (21%) having damaged their mobile phone within the first six months of buying it.
The most common ways for people to damage their phone include dropping them on the floor (35%) and dropping them in water or spilling liquid on them (40%) -- something the new water-resistant iPhone7 should help solve.
Other people (and animals) responsible for damaging phones include pets (6%), partners (11%) and kids (11%). However, it’s millennials, aged 18-35 years old, that are by far the least trustworthy, with over 50% having damaged their own mobile phone and 37% having done so in the first six months.
The most common instances of millennials breaking their phone include being under the influence of alcohol, dropping it in the toilet and when on holiday. Over one third (37%) of millennials also confessed to pranking a friend by using their mobile phone to update their social status. Another good reason not to trust a millennial with your mobile phone.
Even at home there’s distrust when it comes to mobiles, with Australians claiming to trust their partners with their kids more than with their mobile phones. Two in five people claim their partner to be clumsier than they are and 32 per cent have checked their partner’s phone without their knowledge. Families especially have a hard time protecting phones against kids, with only 5 per cent saying they’d trust their child with their phone and almost a quarter (23%) having purchased a fake phone to stop them breaking their own.
It seems there are many reasons to protect your phone, which is why tech21 continues to push the boundaries. Having introduced an all new 3 layer impact absorption system along with its scientifically proven material, FlexShock™, an ultra-efficient impact absorbing material which dissipates impact force, preventing it from passing directly through to the device, tech21 remains the leader in impact protection. The revolutionary new design increases drop protection on some of the slimmest and best-selling lines by 50 per cent, enabling them to now withstand drops of up to 3 metres, plus anything your kid, partner, pet or nearest millennial can throw at it.
With this new iPhone 7 case and iPhone 7 Plus case range, tech21 has worked tirelessly to improve, re-design and refine every product to ensure they continue to offer market leading impact protection that doesn’t compromise phone performance. Each of these case collections has been rigorously tested to ensure perfect compatibility with Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. This guarantees a perfect fit, no loss in signal quality and no interference to Wi-Fi, mobile networks, Bluetooth syncing or features such as Apple Pay. Core functionality such as camera, acoustics and sensors (such as Touch ID) will work the same with the case on or off.
“When you choose to protect your new phone, iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with a tech21 case we know you are trusting us with one of your most precious items. Mobile phones have become lifelines for personal and business use, so our mission is to ensure your phone has the best possible protection to keep it safe from everything life can throw at it” said Jason Roberts, CEO of tech21. “
In the lead up to the iPhone 7 launch, tech21 has also been working with Jack Cooksey, the first person in line at the Perth Apple store during the iPhone 6 launch in 2014. Jack was made world famous when he dropped the phone live on national TV and is now working with tech21 to help ensure others don’t make the same mistake. Appearing at the Covent Garden Apple Store on Friday for the global launch of the iPhone 7, Jack educated others on the dangers of leaving your phone unprotected. Handing out tech21 cases to new iPhone owners, Jack hoped to earn back the trust of those around him with their mobile phone.
The new range of iPhone cases and screen shields includes:
- Evo Mesh and Evo Check – More protection. More personality. FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system means the advanced drop protection of Evo Mesh & Evo Check have increased by 50 percent, now with a 9.9 feet drop limit. Designs include a unique mesh or checkered pattern in a range of vibrant colors.
- Evo Gem – Protection in dazzling color. Available in a range of dazzling colors and featuring a stunning geometric design, Evo Gem protects in style. Thanks to FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system, Evo Gem offers 9.9 feet drop protection.
- Evo Tactical – Durable protection. Refined. Designed to endure the busy day ahead while complementing your smartphone’s premium and refined design. Evo Tactical’s drop protection has increased by 50 percent thanks to FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system that now offers 9.9 feet drop protection.
- Evo Wallet – More protection. More convenience. Revolutionizing the wallet category with a unique detachable screen cover and a 50 percent increase in drop protection thanks to FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system. Evo Wallet can now withstand drops of 9.9 feet while also being significantly thinner than previous versions.
- Evo Elite – Protection. Re-imagined. An all-new design and application technique means Evo Elite's sophisticated, iPhone® color matched finish is now significantly more durable with improved scratch resistance. Available in Rose Gold, Gold and Silver and with a 6.6 foot drop protection you can trust, Evo Elite can keep your phone as beautiful as the day you took it out of the box.
- Impact Clear – Protect. Reveal. Pound-for-pound, Impact Clear is our most protective case. The ultra-thin, lightweight design uses BulletShield™ impact protection material, used in bulletproof glass, while the inbuilt anti-yellowing technology keeps the case looking good for longer.
- Evo Tactical Extreme Edition – Durable protection. Designed to keep your phone safe and fully functional in the toughest environments, the Extreme Edition features our most robust impact technology, offering a 13-foot drop protection in a slim and lightweight package. Covers on all ports keep your device clean and free from dust and debris while giving you comfortable and precise access to all ports and function buttons.
Market leading screen protection
- Evo Glass – Unrivalled protection. Premium feel. Smooth and crystal clear, there’s nothing quite like the feel of premium glass. Thanks to incredibly tough tempered glass, precision polishing and etching techniques, Evo Glass offers unrivalled protection that is 3.5 times stronger than the market leader.
- Impact Shield Self Heal – Advanced protection. Enduring clarity. Designed with a reflowing polymer surface layer that smooths over day-to-day scratches and features BulletShield™ to absorb impact force, Impact Shield Self Heal leaves your screen smooth, crystal clear and highly protected.
- Impact Shield Anti-Glare – Advanced protection. Perfect clarity. By diffusing and scattering light, Impact Shield Anti-Glare's surface layer gives perfect clarity in direct sunlight. While BulletShield™, used in bulletproof glass, spreads out and absorbs impact force stopping it passing through to your screen.
Since 2005, tech21 has been developing the most advanced, scientifically proven cases and screen shields for mobile, tablet and laptop devices worldwide. tech21 combines science, engineering and British design to create products that address three core consumer benefits: style, protection and performance. As the brand evolves to continue meeting the needs of its consumers, tech21 has developed the most advanced impact protection material on the market – FlexShock™. The ultra-thin and lightweight material absorbs and dissipates force and can withstand drops up to 13 feet. In addition tech21 puts all its products through a rigorous testing program, and in an industry first has partnered with the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) to develop its testing methodology. This ensures that the tests tech21 products have to pass are overseen by independent experts. Tech21 is the number one case brand in the UK. For more information, visit tech21.com.